Meet Our Staff:


Kathy Connor, CRTC Administrative Assistant

The CRTC serves almost 700 students from nine regional school districts offering 11 career pathway programs. The CRTC’s two administrative assistants work to coordinate program funding, facilitate student transportation and liaison with parents, industry partners and sending school administrations. They are the face of CRTC in the front office, as well as a sympathetic ear handling a constant stream of student questions and concerns.


Learn a little more about our new CRTC Administrative Assistant Kathy Connor by reading this month’s CRTC Teacher Q&A.


How long have you worked in Career and Technical Education?

This is my first position in an educational setting. I am looking forward to learning more about it as I progress in my job.


What industry experience did you bring to your position in the CRTC?

I have worked in the administrative field since I graduated high school. Business/Secretarial was my major. I have experienced many different work environments including health, manufacturing, dental insurance, to my current position here in an educational setting.


What excites you about being part of CTE?

Learning all about the educational setting and how it helps students explore their career goals.


What part of your job gives you the most satisfaction?

I enjoy working with my colleagues, and I enjoy helping others. My position is challenging, which keeps the day going.


What would you tell a student or parent about the benefits of a CRTC education?

The CRTC helps students to set their career path and teaches them the kinds of college- and career-ready skills they’ll need to be successful after high school.


What do you do when you’re not working at the CRTC?

I like to bake, read, go to the movies (horror is my favorite) and concerts. I enjoy spending time with family, my five cats (3 are Maine Coon) and spending time with my grandchildren.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog