Meet Our Teachers:

Tom Mungovan, Graphic Design & Creative Media



CRTC programs are a blend of rigorous academics and applied learning that provide students with the opportunity to explore their interests, talents and career ambitions. The lynchpin in these programs is the unique character of the CRTC teacher, who typically has years of industry experience before making the transition to the classroom. 


Learn a little more about our Graphic Design & Creative Media teacher, Tom Mungovan, by reading this month’s CRTC Teacher Q & A.


How long have you been a Career and Technical Education Teacher?

I have taught over 30 different graphic design, illustration, software, color theory and art history classes at the college and high school levels for 20 years now. I've been teaching the Graphic Design program at the CRTC since 2009.


What industry experience did you bring into the classroom with you?

I’ve worked in the Graphic Design industry for 27 years, twenty of those as owner of a southern N.H. graphic design, illustration and printing business.


What excites you about being a CTE teacher?

My personal teaching style provides an opportunity for continual learning and growth and allows me to share my passion for learning with my students. I teach to give students the necessary tools with which to own their own education. I help them meet their individual needs and reach for their highest potential. 


What part of your job gives you the most satisfaction?

I love it when students get that “ah-ha” moment when they finally see the pieces of the puzzle come together. That’s when the fun starts, the creativity starts to flow and the students really begin to grow.


What would you tell a student or parent about the benefits of a CRTC education?

I would say that if you want to give your child a leg up and every possible advantage in high school, then look no further than the CRTC.


What do you do when you’re not teaching Graphic Design & Creative Media?

I am also a published author, "Heavy Metal Speaks," and co-author of "The Screenplay Workbook," currently published by Random House. I have written 29 books of surrealistic style poetry and have penned numerous dramatic and comedic screenplays, available on Amazon.com.


Click Here to learn more about the CRTC Graphic Design & Creative Media program.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog